Saturday, April 23, 2011

Poppy Love --- In a Sweet Pea Dream --- Favorite Color --- Challenge # 15

Hello again,
    I hope everyone is having nice weather.  We are actually having summer weather already ... too warm -- it has been in the high 80's this week. Hopefully it will cool off a little and we will have a Spring season this year.  For this weeks challenge I chose the color red.  I like all colors but I really do love the color red it is such a powerful color. I chose Ching-Chou Kuik's image "Poppy Love". The first one I did ended up in the garbage, which is unusual for me because I always try to make things work but the hair and red glitter colors I used just didn't work, so I started over and I am glad I did.
~The Details~
 I used my pearlescent chalks to color the background and this time I also used them for the images skin tone... they seem to blend better than my watercolors have been blending for that.  Then I colored in the rest of the image with my watercolor pencils and glittered her.  I used The Art Institute glitters in #1 - True Red, #6 - Dubonnet, # 246 Mardi Gras and #131 - Black Hole.  I also used a black glaze pen to make some of the lines stand out. I added tiny half pearls to the poppies and pulled everything together with the red lace, black beaded pearl strip, corner pieces, "dream" sentiment sticker and tiny pearl accents. I hope you like her and thanks for taking the time to look at my glittery creation ;)
~Mis*~


1 comment:

  1. This project is just fabulous!! I love it!

    Thanks for joining us at In A Sweet Pea Dream!
    KymKreates
    Sweet Pea DT

    ReplyDelete