Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Little River Mermaid --- In A Sweet Pea Dream --- Hello Spring --- Challenge # 14

Hi again,
  I hope everyone is having spring like weather finally.  We had rain all day Monday ... perfect craft day so I started this card and finished her up last night.  This time I chose an adorable Elaine Cox image --- "Little River Mermaid" it just seemed very spring like to me with her sitting on the nice green grass with her little froggy pal.   Be sure to go over to Sweet Pea and check out Elaine's and the other artist's new releases here http://www.sweetpeastamps.com/  not to mention all the great stamps that are on sale right now. ;)
~ The Details ~
   I did the usual of coloring the background with my pearlescent chalks and coloring the rest with watercolor pencils.  Then I glittered the image with Art Institute glitter. Her hair was done in Rose Gold and Orange Crush.  Her mermaid body was done in Cosmos and Mica Delights Glitter in Ruby.  I used the larger Art Institute beads on her body in Deco Pink and Vermilion.  The trees in the back were done in 2 different brown fun flocks.  The grass and the bank were done in flower soft sprinkles.  I also glossy accented the frog and the water -- I think you can see it on the close up pic.  I punched out all the orange triangles that I made from my tattered angels sprays, then I added the blue paper I made the same way and finished with the flowers and tiny aqua pearls.  She is on a die cut shell behind a paper doily and to finish it I added the "together" style stone and the butterfly.  I hope you like it and thanks for taking the time to look at my glittery creation ;)
~Mis*~




1 comment:

  1. Your creation is a masterpiece!!

    Thanks for joining us at In A Sweet Pea Dream!
    KymKreates
    DT Sweet Pea

    ReplyDelete