Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mermaids go well with glitter

I was just thinking about all of the mermaid images I have done and how easily it is to use glitter with them.  I love the ocean ~ it is so calm and beautiful ... peaceful so I suppose that is why I am drawn to all the mermaid images.  I love decorating them because you can really make them any colors you like and the shading on them is easy to do.  Plus I get to add all my other little detail elements that I love such as : my tiny beads, glitter roxs, tinsel glitter, shells, starfish, netting in shimmer colors and lots more.  In other words I get to relax and play lol !!




The card I have chosen is one I made awhile ago. (still working on some -- in between my grandfather visiting and Dr. appt. today) The image is from Third Coast Rubber Stamps and if you have never been there then you need to go over here to http://www.thirdcoastrs.com/  to check out all there great stamps !!  Her name is Maura mermaid and she is one of my favorite images.  I used some really cool metallic purple cut out stuff that was on a roll in the background and then I added some pretty silver netting with shells and green roxs to it.  Maura was colored with watercolor pencils and then glittered with several shades of purple, blue and green. The background was chalked and little rain dots were added for bubbles.  Hope you like her.  : )
~Mis*~

No comments:

Post a Comment