Tuesday, December 7, 2010

True Blue Rose Tattoo - In A Sweet Pea Dream -- Monochromatic -- Challenge # 6

Hi ~ I had more fun with this one than I thought I would.  I was thinking it would be hard to do all one color but it actually all came together pretty well.  I did the usual -- pearlescent  chalked background and watercolor penciled the image which is the beautiful Blue Rose Tattoo.  I used Stuff By David's glitter in Midnight Blue on her tail, body and roses, Laser Blue on the other parts of her tail and body and Metallic Sky Blue on her hair and the leaves and vines.  Here is the link for his store Stuff By David he has lots of other cool stuff too. :)   I also used a ultra fine pastel blue glitter by Stampendous on her hair as the main color. I then took my glimmer sprays and dyed the white roses I had sapphire blue to match the blue roses in my image. Once they dried I glued them on. I added the little jewels for her earrings and bracelet. I sprayed a paper doily with a different glimmer spray and added that to the card.  To finish I added the rhinestone swirls, rhinestones, butterflies, and the other blue roses.  Hope you like her and thanks for looking :)
~Mis*~ 

2 comments:

  1. I just love how you use glitter. She is awe inspiring in her sparkley scene. Just beautiful!

    Thanks for joining us on our Monochromatic challenge. Good luck and hope to see more of your wonderful artwork!

    KymKreates
    Sweet Pea DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great Mis! You are still the glitter queen!!

    ReplyDelete